Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

The Beginning of the End



We are nearing the end of the class, only a few things to do before we bid this bon voyage and sail onto our next destination.  I have learned quite a bit about the uses of technology and how it connects with the library.  While I haven't used social media in ways that I hadn't already experienced, it did give me something to think about for the future.  I am not the most social of people but I do like interact with folks on the internet.  It's an odd oxymoron but I'll take it.  Could this be a future employment opportunity?  There are now strangers things in the world than a dedicated social media expert.  And I'm sure that statement probably astounds some individuals.  But it's true!

This class has also made me appreciate that I will be taking Web Programming in June/July all that much more.  After dealing with Joomla and also my consistent experience with Cascade and Wix, I am super interested in learning more about the back end.  I have dabbled a little in HTML and  CSS, I have taken two college courses in Java, and I have friends who deal with C++, C#, Ruby, etc.  Who knows, maybe I'll finally find a language that speaks to me!


There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.


~Shel Silverstein

2 comments:

  1. Having a taste of it with Joomla! I'm excited to go deeper into web stuff as well J and very glad that I'll have you on the walk with me through the programming journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a taste of it with Joomla! I'm excited to go deeper into web stuff as well J and very glad that I'll have you on the walk with me through the programming journey.

    ReplyDelete